Your bathroom can become the most relaxing room in your home. It starts with the decor. Colors, textures, scents and wall artwork are star players that take your bathroom from humdrum to amazing. Many of the below winning bathroom redecoration ideas can be implemented in less than a day, some in less than an hour.
Upgrade your bathroom in six, easy steps
These six winning bathroom redecoration ideas are also cost efficient. Think about what you want your bathroom to look and feel like as you read through the below ideas.
- Highlight your bathroom with calming wallpaper. Ocean shores, birds flying over soothing bodies of water and abstract artwork are great. Choose light colors. Focus on wallpaper that has a soothing effect instead of wallpaper that would impress an art connoisseur.
- Install chic sink and tub water faucets. Retro faucets take you back to a simpler time. Long neck faucets are easy to turn and off with your foot, preventing you from having to sit up to turn the water off after your tub has filled with scented bubble or oil bath.
- Add a white marble sink. The deeper the sink,the better. Marble is easy to clean and shine. Hang an oval mirror over the sink to spotlight the marble sink’s features.
- Go for a large walk-in or garden tub. These two tub types are almost a must if you love soaking in a bubble bath. Freestanding acrylic or stone bath tubs are stylish. Set the tub off with a braided rug.
- Feature your bathroom window treatments. Traditional four-pane bathroom windows that open and push up with the turn of a knob are trendy. So too are bare single pane windows. If you do hang curtains in front of bathroom windows, stick with lightweight curtains.
- Place a colorful bouquet on the bathroom counter top. You could even add fresh flowers to a woven basket once a week. Consider placing decorative wall magnets over the bouquet. Doves and geese are wall magnets that bring out bathroom colors and style.
More ways to make your bathroom a winner
As comfortable as it would feel against the soles of your feet, don’t install carpet in your bathroom. Carpet soaks quickly. Once carpet gets wet it can stain and smell musty, not what you want in your winning bathroom.
Other ways to gain soothing comfort while you’re in your bathroom are to keep Epsom salt in the cabinet and to turn your bathroom radio to a station that pours out smooth sounds. For example, you could set your bathroom radio to a smooth jazz station or to your favorite orchestra station.
Although it’s not showcased like your living room, dining room or kitchen, your bathroom is a center stage space at your home. It’s the one place where you can unwind. It’s where you shower and bathe away the day’s stress. Your bathroom is probably also where you sing like a rock star, work through challenges and soak away physical ailments. This room deserves to be beautiful; it deserves to be amazing.