Your home is your haven, and as such, it deserves special treatment. Contrary to the erroneous idea that home décor takes up lots of cash and time, we have put together a few ridiculously easy home-décor tips that are sure to help you transform your house to the home it deserves to be.
- Employ bright colors. Bright colors have a magical effect on any space. Colors help make even the smallest room appear more prominent. A great combination of large windows, bright-colored walls and carefully chosen furniture is all you need to bring the style and space home. Dark colors, on the other hand, suck up space and life in a room. Even a big room looks small and cramped with dark colors.
- Let the Mirror do the Trick. A mirror is yet another way to work the magic. They add scale and dimension to any space. Bright reflection from mirrors helps project an optical illusion of space. Be sure to place it just opposite the window for an effective result. Let the mirror do the trick!
- Use Dimmers with Your Lighting. Bright is not always the smart choice, especially when it comes to lighting. Make your home feel warm with dimmers. Dim lights will complement the mirrors and bright-colored walls, floors, and furniture.
- Use Drapes to Project False Height. Proper use of drapes with simple floor ceiling can create an illusion of higher ceilings. Make sure the curtains hung correctly for a fantastic result.
- Don’t Push the Furniture Against the Wall! The first line of thinking when it comes to creating space in the living room is to push the furniture against the wall. Yes, you get some free space, but the room becomes more of a waiting room than a living room. Let the furniture float instead. Experts advise placing the furniture at least 18 inches from the anchor coffee table. You could choose any area you wish. It doesn’t have to be the middle of the room.
- Spice Things up with a Touch of Varying Patterns. An excellent way to spice up your décor is to employ different patterns. You could mix things up with expensive and inexpensive designs. Matching new patterns with old ones is a creative way to go too. Mixing it up helps to give your home a unique touch that others lack. Give it a try!
- Add Color with Plants. Going green is the wave of today. Try adding color to your home décor by having plants in every room. Besides improving the beauty of your home, these plants also help cleanse the air in your home by absorbing pollutants and removing harmful gases. Go green!
For more home improvement ideas, speak with your real estate professional today.